Not a realistic woodland but one that explores the joy of colour, mark-making and shape. I worked from a black base with layers of increasingly bright colour, opposite from the more usual light to dark. I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colours by printing several times. I used paper stencils to create the crisp shapes of the trees.
Available framed: The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 3cm (front) x 2cm (side) . It has an acid free double window mount and art glass for UV protection and greatly reduced reflections. Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached. Carefully packed in a strong purpose-built cardboard box . UK only shipping £15
Woodland Rhythms original monotype framed
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream.
- Image size 65 x 29.5 cm
- Framed size 87 x 52.5 cm
- Signed on the front
- The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 4cm (front) x 3cm (side).
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached.
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.
International customers: Due to the large size of the glass, I can't ship this picture outside the UK, sorry.