Skies have a particular fascination for me as I observe real sunrises and sunsets in Northumberland. There’s a myriad of colour combinations, constantly changing – even if I just did skies, I don’t think I’d ever exhaust the creative possibilities!
A monotype is a one-off hand-made print, just as unique as a painting. I used rollers and dabbers to spread out ink on a smooth plastic board then made marks with a cloth and other tools. The ink was transferred to the paper using a hand-operated printing press. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing several times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges.
UK shipping £15. Mounted pictures can be sent internationally - please go through checkout to see shipping cost for your country.
Last Light original monotype
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream.
- Image size 33 x 50 cm
- Mounted size 50.5 x 67.5 cm
- Signed on the front
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.
- With backing board and cellophane wrap
I currently ship to UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand . Please get in touch for other destinations.