This is the largest patchwork landscape I've ever attempted! It's also the most complex with 10 layers of ink. This is not a realistic landscape but an imaginative one that includes all my favourite elements: the white cottage, the distant sea with yachts, viaduct as well as my trademark fields and hedges. It's about having fun with the landscape using my unique monotype style. I hope that for the viewer, it is constantly revealing new details and textures that surprise and delight.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges.
Framed in oak with double mount and art glass for UV protection and greatly reduced reflections.
Over Hill and Dale original monotype framed
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour-fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream
- Image size 51 x 74 cm
- Framed size 73 x 96 cm
- Signed on the front
- The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 4cm (front) x 3cm (side).
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached.
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.
UK shipping using specialist art courier £60
Sorry I can't send this item internationally.