A glorious meadow with poppies in full bloom. I do these more summery pictures from time to time as a seasonal change from my more wintery work. I wanted to incorporate more varied shades of red and orange to give light and variety. I’d bought some new more opaque inks that were perfect for this.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges. Watch a video of this piece being made.
Available framed: The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 3cm (front) x 2cm (side) . It has an acid free double window mount and art glass for UV protection and greatly reduced reflections. Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached. Carefully packed in a strong purpose-built cardboard box . UK only shipping £15
Full Bloom original monotype framed
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream.
- Image size 40 x 40 cm
- Mounted size 58 x 58 cm
- Framed size 64 x 64 cm
- Signed on the front
- The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 4cm (front) x 3cm (side).
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached.
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.
International customers: Due to the large size of the glass, I can't ship this picture outside the UK, sorry.