The trees clinging onto the craggy hillside against a powerful sky is a perennial favourite for me and my customers. By taking it to a larger scale I could really unleash powerful mark-making and intense patterned detail. The video below shows the final stages of the textures being printed. I smiled as I drew the trees, knowing that they are often personified by the viewer. The larger one seems to support the smaller and they reach out to one another. Against adversity, they stand together!
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges. You can watch a video of me creating a monotype like this one.
Framed in oak with double mount and art glass for UV protection and greatly reduced reflections.
Stand by Me original monotype framed
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour-fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream
- Image size 51 x 74 cm
- Framed size 73 x 96 cm
- Signed on the front
- The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 4cm (front) x 3cm (side).
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached.
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.
UK shipping using specialist art courier £30
Sorry I can't send this item internationally.