The isolated stand of trees is a feature of the English landscape and a powerful motif in myths and legends. One can almost imagine the trees coming to life! In this piece I aimed to capture the silhouette of the huddled trees against the strong colours of the fading light.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges.
Stand in the Light original monotype framed
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour-fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream.
- Image size 35.5 x 70 cm
- Mounted size 52.5 x 88 cm
- Framed size 58 x 94 cm
- Signed on the front
- The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 4cm (front) x 3cm (side).
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached.
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.
UK shipping £30. I'm sorry I can't send framed originals internationally.