In this original monotype I was recalling memories of the Outer Hebrides where I had a family holiday years ago. The isolated croft (not a thatched one, but with a rusty iron roof) beckons as an amazing place to live and work. But I don't think I'm hardy enough to give it a go! I chose soft colours for the sky and a neutral palette for the land that seemed more suited to the natural colours of the area.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges.
Have this mounted artwork FRAMED IN OAK for £95. Please get in touch if you wish to see the type of frame and to discuss delivery/collection options.
Crofter's Dawn original monotype mounted
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Pigment inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper with colour-fast inks.
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream.
- Image size 35.5 x 70 cm
- Mounted size 52.5 x 88 cm
- Framed size approx 58 x 94 cm
- Signed on the front
- Cellophane wrapped and carefully flat-packed on a board inside a strong cardboard box with packing material all round.
For UK customers Postage and packing £15
For international customers I currently ship to USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Please go through the checkout to see the delivery cost.