Using my full palette of colours, I aimed to give a sense of distance and space to these overlapping fields that run towards the horizon. The poweful red of the poppies anchors the foreground.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges. You can watch a video of this artwork being made.
Summer Sensation original monotype framed
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream.
- Image size 65 x 30 cm
- Mounted size 83 x 47 cm
- Framed size 89 x 53 cm
- Signed on the front
- The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 4cm (front) x 3cm (side).
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached.
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.
UK shipping £30. I'm sorry I can't send framed originals internationally.