A few yachts enjoy the last hour of daylight as golden light flickers across the surface of the sea. This one-off monotype is printed edge to edge so you can see the lovely "deckle" edge of the hand-made paper.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made vigorous marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges.
The End of the Day original monotype framed
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Flat mounted on pale cream acid-free mount board
- Image size 65 x 30 cm
- Framed size 89 x 53 cm
- Signed on the front
- The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 4cm (front) x 3cm (side). Spacers create depth and separate the print from the glass.
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached.
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.