Sea, sky, sand and seedheads, what could be better? I so enjoyed creating all the crisp detail in this original monotype. I've always loved that moment when you're on the way to the beach, excitement building, and you get your first glimpse of the sea and the inviting sand.
The original for this is a monotype, a unique printed painting. I use rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then make marks with a cloth and other tools. I incorporate textured materials by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric.
This is a reproduction canvas print on a wood "stretcher".
Here are some answers to questions people ask about this type of print.
- Is it limited edition? Yes – it will be part of the existing edition of 100
- Will it be signed? Yes it will be signed and numbered on the back as there’s no discrete way to sign the front.
- Are the colours a good match to the original? Yes, just like my paper prints, the colours have been carefully matched to the original.
- Will it stand the test of time? Yes, the canvas and inks are archival quality with a protective varnish (not shiny). The canvas is Innova Exhibition Matte Canvas 380gsm with pigment inks.
- Will I lose some of the picture round the sides? No, the printer samples the image to create borders that match seamlessly with the front face.
- How do I clean it? You can dust it with a soft clean dry cloth or wipe gently with a damp cloth.
- How do I hang it on the wall? D rings and string are attached just like for a regular picture. If it’s a large one you’ll need to put two picture hooks for stability.
- Can canvas prints be framed? Yes, they can be framed without glass using a "floating frame". This one is offered unframed so you can see the picture wrapping around the edges
- Can I buy a different size? Yes - just get in touch with the image and size you'd like and I'll provide a quote. You can choose from 18mm and 38mm depth. Use the prices in my shop as a guide - there's no additional charge for a special order and my usual returns policy still applies.