The inspiration for this piece came from visiting Brimham rocks in Yorkshire with the family. The kids had a wonderful time clambering over this amazing geological formation. Here and there a tree would find a crevice to anchor it's roots.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges. You can watch a video of the original artwork being made.
This is a reproduction canvas print on a wood "stretcher".
Here are some answers to questions people ask about this type of print.
- Is it limited edition? Yes – it will be part of the existing edition of 100
- Will it be signed? Yes it will be signed and numbered on the back as there’s no discrete way to sign the front.
- Are the colours a good match to the original? Yes, just like my paper prints, the colours have been carefully matched to the original.
- Will it stand the test of time? Yes, the canvas and inks are archival quality with a protective varnish (not shiny). The canvas is Innova Exhibition Matte Canvas 380gsm with pigment inks.
- Will I lose some of the picture round the sides? No, the printer samples the image to create borders that match seamlessly with the front face.
- How do I clean it? You can dust it with a soft clean dry cloth or wipe gently with a damp cloth.
- How do I hang it on the wall? D rings and string are attached just like for a regular picture. If it’s a large one you’ll need to put two picture hooks for stability.
- Can canvas prints be framed? Yes, they can be framed without glass using a "floating frame". This one is offered unframed so you can see the picture wrapping around the edges
- Can I buy a different size? Yes - just get in touch with the image and size you'd like and I'll provide a quote. You can choose from 18mm and 38mm depth. Use the prices in my shop as a guide - there's no additional charge for a special order and my usual returns policy still applies.
Keep Me Hanging On canvas print
Dispatch and returns info
- Limited edition canvas print
- Pigment inks on Innova Exhibition Matte Canvas 380gsm
- Size 16 x 36 inches, 38mm deep
- Signed, titled and numbered on the back
- edition 100
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached
- Very well packed in a spacious box with packing material all round
UK shipping £15
This item can be shipped internationally.
I currently ship to USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand . Please get in touch for other destinations. Please go through the checkout to see delivery cost.