Those of you from the North East may recognise the distinctive profile of Roseberry Topping. I aimed for a dark brooding sky with rays of light bursting forth as I'm sure you have sometimes seen. It's a difficult light effect to capture! The fields in this piece use my characteristic textures but this time with more distinctive hedgerows.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I incorporated textures by impressing inked up wallpaper and fabric. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges.
Framed in oak with double mount and art glass for UV protection and greatly reduced reflections.
A Silver Lining original monotype framed
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Colour-fast inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream
- Image size 38.5 x 57.5 cm
- Framed size 62 x 80 cm
- Signed on the front
- The frame is solid oak, just beautiful natural wood 4cm (front) x 3cm (side).
- Ready to hang with d-rings and string attached.
- It is very well packed in a spacious box with padding all round.
UK shipping using specialist art courier £30
Sorry I can't send this item internationally.