Sometimes when I work on a series of monotypes, a piece will take on a life of it's own and seem to know where it's going! So it was in this case. I was aiming for strong sky colours in this simple design but even I hadn't anticipated how they would give such a powerful effect. This time textures weren't the right option: a crisp black rocky foreground was all that was needed to complete the composition.
I used rollers and dabbers to spread out the ink then made marks with a cloth and other tools. I built up layers of over-lapping colous by printing serveral times. I also used paper stencils to make the crisp edges.
Have this mounted artwork FRAMED IN OAK for £95. Please get in touch if you wish to see the type of frame and to discuss delivery/collection options.
Sunset Afterglow original monotype mounted
Dispatch and returns info
- Original hand made monotype
- Pigment inks on BFK Rives high quality cotton rag paper with colour-fast inks.
- Acid free double mount, inner white outer pale cream.
- Image size 38.5 x 57.5 cm
- Mounted size 56.5 x 74.5 cm
- Framed size approx 62 x 80 cm
- Signed on the front
- Cellophane wrapped and carefully flat-packed on a board inside a strong cardboard box with packing material all round.
For UK customers Postage and packing £15
For international customers I currently ship to USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Please go through the checkout to see the delivery cost.